Friday, January 8, 2010

Yes, I am recycling from my old blog! Wanna fight about it?

Lights. Camera. Action. Action I Say!
Oh my goodness, so I finally got to work on my new video series and let me tell you what ...
It is a heck of a lot harder than it looks!

I mean, its not like I haven't been in front of a camera before and I certainly talk to clients everyday about organizing so why should this be any different? Well, for starters its all about ME, my face, my company, my ideas ... and quite frankly, that's terrifying!

I've always wanted to bring my organizing ideas to the mainstream because there are three things I believe I am meant to do in this life:
1) Entertain 2) Inspire 3) Create.
Reminding myself of those things helped push my inner perfectionist aside and say, "Okay, sometimes good enough is good enough. Let's just get this done."

So now I'm in the editing room (which is comprised of just my iMac ;-) laughing my butt off watching 30 minutes of my awkwardness that will hopefully, miraculously turn into 5 minutes of informative video.

But seriously, this was a great experience and I can't wait to shoot the next episode. And here is what I learned - that I already knew, but just needed to be reminded.

A GOOD IDEA, ACTED UPON, is infinitely better than a GREAT IDEA, KEPT IN THE DARK. - Few people know it, but this is the basis for my organizational turning point.

I blissfully existed in my "creative clutter" for years thinking it was okay because I was artistic or because I was a busy social butterfly. I just knew (or thought I knew) that messy, scatterbrained people were more fun, less tied down, and being a true Sagittarius I wanted to fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants with zero responsibility or care.

Over time, I began to see something I had never noticed before. I began to notice that the people who were the most creative, the most talented and had the best ideas had just that - creativity, talent, ideas ... but nothing else ... they had never done anything with it. They had nothing to show for all their brilliance and internally they were frustrated, dissatisfied and angry that 'lesser' people were accomplishing more than them.

When I noticed the pattern, I began to see it everywhere, including in myself and I knew that that was not the road I wanted to take - I knew that wasn't the real me and that I had so much more to give. Having that change of heart opened doors I never would have considered before and led to discoveries that have brought me closer to my purpose to Entertain, Inspire, and Create. The difference is that now I'm actually doing it instead of just thinking it.

TAKE ACTION TODAY, NOW! Stop waiting for everything to be perfect. Stop thinking you don't have the tools/resources to do what you want to do. And most of all, stop hiding behind your disorganization and clutter! What are you afraid of if you let go? Maybe you're afraid that you'll actually have to do something - and that's scary, I know. But I did it and you can to. It may not be perfect, but its something ... and that's everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment