Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Upward Bound House "Before" & "Inspiration"

So here are some "before" pics of the modest 350 sq. ft. space I will be decorating for the Upward Bound project (see previous post for more details):
Here is one of my inspiration pics from a really cool Maui based interior design firm. I'm really digging a "Modern Tropical" vibe for this space, but maybe with a Polynesian twist.
I love this wallpaper from Madison and Grow and it matches my inspiration photo perfectly, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough helping hands to go to the extent of wallpapering!Duralee is donating 6 yds of this awesome fabric - I love it! I'm thinking of curtain panels over a bamboo roll-up shade and if I have extra, some throw pillows.
This carved leave is a great color and texture inspiration piece. I'll be looking for natural and rustic accents such as these (notice how the shape echoes the motif above!)I'd love to get this natural jute rug from West Elm, it's perfect! Anybody have a hook-up at that store?And not to mention, Benjamin Moore Paints is donating all of the paint for all of the 18 rooms, from their Natura line, how amazing is that!!! I haven't picked my color(s) yet, I'll keep ya posted.

Despite all the amazing donations thus far, I still need to buy a lot of things out of pocket: bed linens, bath towels, etc. so each and every dollar donated is so appreciated.

I'll try to set up a PayPal link soon but in the meantime you can send products to or make the check or gift card out to:
Christy Biberich
818 S. Grand Ave. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90017

No comments:

Post a Comment