Monday, June 13, 2011

The best things in life are cheap and natural!

I have one of those "Euro-Style" washer/dryer combo machines and while I appreciate the efficiency of this design, I basically have accepted the fact that most of my clothes have to air dry.
Not a big issue, especially since air drying is better for prolonging the life of your clothing and I hate it when I shrink things in the dryer!
My only gripe was that for some reason, my clothes were air drying and turning out, well, kind of "crispy."  Yeah, the fabric would get stiff and crinkly - even my Pima Cotton t-shirts, which are the softest most wonderful fabric in the world!  :(
But I'm sort a weird when it comes to laundry stuff and I don't like scented detergent or fabric softeners or dryer sheets - the artificial-ness of the fragrance (even the supposed fragrance-free ones) make me sneeze!
So of course, as is the case with most of life - the best solutions are SIMPLE!  And in this case, Cheap and Natural TOO!
Two Words:  White Vinegar.
Yup.  So simple, so wonderful.  Use 1/4c of distilled white vinegar in lieu of fabric softener - it is delightful.  Even my towels can air dry and still turn out soft and fluffy, which is a total miracle!
I was just doing laundry and realized that maybe people didn't know about this so I though I'd share.  Let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment